April 22, 2011

Easiest Star Wars Cupcake Toppers

What is it about Star Wars that makes little boys (and girls) go nuts?  My eight year old knows more about Star Wars than anyone I know.  So for his birthday last week, of course he wanted Star Wars cupcakes.  At first he requested that I use frosting to create Yoda, Obi, etc. on the top of each cupcake.  That was quickly vetoed (not only am I on bed rest for this pregnancy, but there's no way on earth I was going to do that!).  This is what I came up with:
Blue for the good guys
Red for the bad guys
Seriously, these were so easy to make!  I grabbed two packs of Star Wars stickers from Target (24 stickers in each pack), then stuck two matching stickers together with a toothpick in the middle.  The kids loved them and they only took a few minutes to make!

I'm linking up to:
Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrap Up Party

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! These come just in time for Star Wars Day ("May the 4th. . . be with you"), and we really need more geekery in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he expected you to "create" all the characters in frosting...(c: This is so cute and easy! I'm pretty sure I should go get some dinosaur stickers and save them for a party for Caden...he informed me yesterday that he needs a dinosaur bone so he can get some "Dino DNA" (his words) so he can be on the DinoSquad. Yep. At least he's creative, right? I haven't had the heart to tell him they are extinct...(c: Happy Easter, girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great idea! Making Star Wars cupcakes for my son's class birthday party tomorrow and realized that I'm one short (of the purchased ones...wish I would have seen this sooner! So, I'll use some of his stickers to make a special one for the birthday boy! Thanks for saving me the hassle of creating something!

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to hear what you think!

Related Posts with Thumbnails